Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Mommy Always Said It's a Sign of Creativity...


I've always been a little on the messy side. Not dirty per say, but messy in a "I'm really sorry mom but my closet threw up all over my bedroom" kind of way. Funny thing is, I always know exactly where everything is. My favorite jeans? Under the blanket beneath the corner of the bed where Sandwich sleeps. That black top? Hanging halfway out of the dresser drawer where Aaron keeps his underwear. I honestly consider myself organized, it's just not the kind of organizing system that would make sense to anyone else.
This method of arranging things as though whatever room I'm in has been hit by a hurricane has subsequently followed me into my professional life. About once a month I clean the *^%$ out of my studio, vowing that every drill bit and saw blade will be put back in its properly labeled drawer each day before I leave. I promise myself that each jump ring and head pin will make it back into its specific container. It works! Well... it works for a couple days. Then it looks like it does in that picture again.
My mom really does tell me that it's a sign of being a creative person. Perhaps I should just leave it well enough alone? We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment